The tower clock strikes six. No, not to the musical phrase of tower clock ( someone busted it's musical nuisance:P ), but to unfailingly dutiful prayers and chants of panditji of shiva temple nearby , my sleep yields. From the neighboring flat I can hear , Mrs. Avasthi has already begun to bless humiliations and tantrums on Mr. Avasthi. Poor Mr. Avasthi, I wonder when was last time he wished, "Good morning". The choir of birds is getting big, evident from the birdsong that is becoming only sweet and loud.
The air today is laced with uncommon fragrance of soil. I ponder, Why ? The mist seems to have blanket the world outside. A meager noise is disturbing the eerie calm of loneliness, that my room is engulfed in. A sound, similar to one when a water drop bursts into water. Right there, down the pane, water droplets are trickling, merging and making pool. Each droplet that fell is now beyond distinction, loosing all it's identity and entity. Guess, it rained, while I was too lost in my dreams.
The guy from the past is smiling at me from the broken frame. I never understood, why? Whether he is mocking or saying out, "keep smiling, every pain will ease". Well, I decided to let it be. I shall know it, when I come across it, as they say, "your past never leaves you".
Ding-dong-ding-dong, my door-bell rings. Here comes my milk-man. Well friends, it's time I go. Have a nice day !!!
P.S - I request for your suggestions, the merit of which shall not go un-valued. Thank You, for your time :)
Get rid of emotions from your write up. i as a reader would like to either get more into your conflict with your past or would like a more stronger narrative. what happens to Mr. and Mrs Avasthy?
ReplyDelete