It's cold Sunday morning. The fog is still low, now and then springing up surprises. And I ? Well, I am rubbing my palms and doing about everything to keep myself from freezing. Freezing to cold windows, finding their way from tiniest freeway and channels between the windows. And in the ride is silence, kind of one before the war. No, no one's going to war, but I along with 300 odd heads are going to trek. Everyone is kicked up. High on energy and excitement.
It's trek to Sinhgad Fort, that has its own prominence and history. Especially of battle fought by a maratha, Tanaji Malusare to retrieve it from the mughal. And so am I battling to reign over my own self and pleasures.
At the beginning it seemed "achievable". I was running, through the muddy and rocky terrain. But as I went on, it was getting difficult. There wasn't energy or stamina to continue. The more I looked up, the more disheartened I was. People were running ahead, old and young alike. Given my ego and illusions and beliefs, I take that as "losing out", It sure wasn't encouraging. The thought, that I must go back, than to front was resonating. I wanted to. But the journey has begun already, destination is only end.
All my energy is sucked out. But then I had to complete the trek. It took me lot of will, patience and pushing to complete that trek. Slowly, taking my own time I completed it. And then there was this wonderful sense of accomplishment. Perhaps that which could breather life to lifeless, teach hope to hopeless.
And as I looked down at the rocks I climbed over, slipped on, I see they are very obstacles of my life to be and I must not lose my heart at their sight. And that I completed trek, that in midway I lost all hope of doing, gave me a satisfaction that for quite a period, I longed for.
And it was definitely good time out, knowing my 14 other colleagues of mine.

Very good read..Literally transported to Sinhgad fort. I liked the message in the end too!
ReplyDelete