Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Is the right we know "right" ?

after the lab that didn't happen, on our way to fill our starving stomachs, me and my intelligent friend who has been "living life on his own terms", were discussing indulgences that society reportedly considered "bad" (naturally am talking of drinking, smoking and all that you can name). Saying of society, considering the Indian population which mostly consists of conservative middle class families, further classified into upper and lower with reference to something almighty's might too shan't be able to define, we decided to have a look on traditional middle class' take on such indulgences (obviously they say they are bad, why ?). While discussing, I couldn't help the labels that are tagged around people with such indulgences, not because I smoke or drink or anything, but I felt that the labeling was unjust and foolish. I have seen people smoking and eventually ending up having some kind of cancer, I have seen people getting drunk and behave like a crazy senseless, but, one thing I personally feel about them is that, these people have a situation that they are finding difficult to handle, neither do they want to rub it on any other, as a result, they are resorting to these which for temporarily, though, let them in the dream world that they wanted to be in and in our dreams we "never die" neither "are having situation", but all we have is "happies",So now is this why they should be labeled ? for wanting to be happy ? They know the consequences, but they chose it because maybe they feel it better that they alone carry the burden and let it end with them. We see all that is superficial and conclude a hell lot about it and label the indulgences "bad", no no no , not us , some section of fool and it becomes convention and they are bad, and while I was saying all this ,my dear friend said "dude you know that these are bad, why supporting it ? it's foolish . . live life on your terms",  and all I felt was that I was talking to another person who is under illusion that he's been living life on his own terms.Ha!, here is this gentleman who doesn't know what right or wrong is like, but knows what is right and wrong, and he's "living life on his own terms" never bothering to think about how right is the "right" he knows is? . . it's just reminds me of what I read of a rope being mistook for snake in dark, in a sanskrit textbook :)
p.s : am not encouraging any kind of indulgences talked about but i feel pained to see them being labelled and trust me they are better than manipulators without any such indulgences and all am trying to say is "come out of this convention and start thinking as to what is right and wrong and why, and do what you feel is right than actually ending up doing what society feels right . . . for this society is most fickle minded :) "

2 comments:

  1. Everyone looks at things from their perspective. The society does that too. Since after such practices people are generally rendered useless for any constructive work, the society likes to label the activity as 'bad'.

    A well written piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. or it could be the "constructive-less" work has made them useless . . . maybe society is feeling too right about itself ;), good perspective yours (y)

      Delete